Thursday, November 26, 2009

It's like a modern day miracle...

Check it out: it's like the heavens opened with a little sunshine just to show you how great not being intimidated by a job can be. Getting it done - who knew how great this could feel? I have been walking past this pile of leaves and yard since October. Every morning on the way to school and the way home - I have been feeling bad for letting my leaves just go a little crazy. What was I thinking? That some leaf fairy might come and save me? That my 70-year-old mother might? By the way - she totally would if given the opportunity....

So donning my new "do-it-your-dang-self" hat, I grabbed the rake - see bottom pic for proof that the yard fairy didn't do it, put on my Timex chronometer, and got busy. a grand total of 30 minutes later the job was done. 30 Minutes.

I would say 'tsk tsk' to myself - but what's the point of that? Feeling bad just gets overwhelming. Instead I took a picture of my lovely, clean lawn and have been glancing at it every now and then through my front window. So. Much. Better.

I have a favorite website that any Do-It-Yourselfer who is a little behind the 8-ball should check out.

The woman who started it - and clearly there is more than one woman now - calls herself "Flylady" and she's all about breaking down big jobs into bite size chunks. She's about house clutter and cleaning - but the ideas apply to EVERYTHING! It's a must view for the modern-day DIY-er.

It's a little bit like having a nice auntie give you some pointers. You'll love it.

http://flylady.net

If I can do it, you can too.

Enjoy,

Project Mama
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment