Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Do-It-Yourselfer finds new happiness in....Recycled Paint

http://www.rona.ca/shop/shop?storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&page=1&langId=-1&keywords=recycled+paint




This is a link to something I saw with the nice paint man at Rona the other night.  It caught my attention because I worry unendingly about the world....  BUT before you get down about this warm world we live in - THIS is a good news blog - and this is a good news product!  Check it out: it's recycled paint.  It comes in 16 colours that you will actually like a lot, has low VOCs and produces 4X less greenhouse gases during the manufacturing process.

Now that's getting somewhere people.  I don't see any of us signing up to live in an unpainted mud hut and until then - this is a good start.

I tried to find it at Home Depot or the other American giant, Lowe's and I couldn't see anything so far (at least not on the website).  So the sweet little Canadian chain Rona gets an A+ today.  Good work children.

Here's another super reason why I have put this product in my arsenal of weapons with which I plan to attack the ugly in my home - it's very reasonably priced.  A 3.78L (I think that's the equivalent of a gallon) can of it is only $14.99.  Which fits one of my do-it-yourself definitions: financially accessible. 

So great!  I need things to be financially accessible because - as we all know - I learn things the hard way.  A $14.99 oops is a whole lot different than an $80 oops....

If anyone has ever heard of or used recycled paint, I would love to hear how it went!

Project Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment