Friday, December 4, 2009

Craig's List? Love it? Hate it?

I have to admit - Craig's list freaks me out.  Hubby and I once bought a new wall oven (well - new to us) that NEVER worked.  Never.  What did we do about it?  Well, we're Canadian.  We did nothing - of course.  Instead, we went out to Sears like we should have in the first place and bought what we really wanted and paid for it a year later.

ON THE FLIP SIDE....  I have recently been converted to being a seller on Craig's list.  It's super recent, but people will buy anything - and they shouldn't be faulted for doing so.  Here's why: there are people in the world who are way more talented than me.  They can take something that I will never use - like the coffee table that I am just about bloody well finished with and turn it into some shining piece of glory.  Honestly, I know that this aged wonder will be turned into a piece of art.

In the future - that will be me (of course....) - but until then, things that are grinding me down are destined for the Craig's list chopping block. 

Here's what I started with.  I got rid of a big bag of toy clutter.  I put up three old Leapfrog leap pads that were just festering in my house - and you know what - it was about 2 hours before someone wanted them.  2 of them ended up not really working, so I sold 1 and gave a questionable one away.  The one that is really fried will be discarded.  I might even see if I can recycle it - go green!  Yay!  It wasn't much, but it was my addictive start.

My kids are even on the bandwagon.  You should see one of my boys - now that he knows cash is involved - he's pretty excited to sell just about anything.

I was intimidated to set up the account - but it was just about the easiest thing I have ever done technology-wise. 

If if keeps stuff out of landfills, if it makes my home more clutter-free and peaceful, if it buys a few new cans of paint - then Project Mama likes.

If I can do it, you can too.

Project Mama

1 comment:

  1. Not sure about Vancouver, but Kijiji is excellent for selling stuff. Yet another option to craigslist.

    ReplyDelete